Odyssey of the Mind
We are so excited to support bringing Odyssey of the Mind to Hillside this year! All grades (K-5th) are welcome to participate. Odyssey of the Mind teaches students how to develop and use their natural creativity to become problem-solvers. OM brings the classroom to life as students apply what they learn and combine it with their interests and passions to solve our unique open-ended problems. OM also emphasizes teamwork, budgeting, time management, public speaking, and so much more. If you missed the Parent Info Night, no problem. Check out our presentation here!
**REGISTER HERE: Registration Form**
Note: Completing the above form does not guarantee a spot on a team. Registration closes on 9/29, and teams will be notified by email sometime during the first two weeks of October.
- W, 9/20: Official sign up begins! Register early, there are a limited number of teams that can be formed!
- F, 9/29: Registration closes.
- First 2 weeks of October: Teams established and problems assigned.
- Sa, 10/28: Coaches Training (~ half-day)
- November - March: Team practices
- Sa, 12/9: Coaches Master Spontaneous Training (~ half-day)
- Sa, 2/10: Judges Training (~ 2 hours)
- Sa, 2/24: Regional Competition
- Sa, 4/6: States Competition
- 5/23 - 5/26: World Competition (Iowa)